Friday, October 8, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Gonna change up the format a little, rather than giving blow by blow accounts of days, just try and give a feel for the experience of each place as it comes. Now, I'm sure that won't always be the case, since some days will be so pack they will require extensive coverage, while on the main, I'm really hoping not to be rushed off my feet a lot. So far, Thailand has been a fair ways more chilled than some of the other places, and seem to involve a lot more sitting around drinking with the randomest fucking people, which, if we're honest, ye really don't need or want to here about . . . You know how drinking goes, you're probably doing it right now!

So anyway, I'm in Chiang Mai in Thailand at the moment, and I've plenty to catch you up on here, so I'll get round to that in a few minutes. Still haven't told you about Nagasaki, or Fukuoka have I? Then there's Bangkok to explain!

Where to start? I dunno? Nagasaki sound good? Fine. Thus it shall be!

In other news, if I haven't been talking to ye in awhile, I'm doing good, going along nicely. Such things may have been in doubt if you've read the Hong Kong post, but even at that I wasn't exactly about to pack up and come home. The contingency plan is, and has always been, head for Australia if this leg turns shitty. And it kinda occurred to me that I might end up doing that while in Hong Kong, but so far Thailand has redeemed me. Actually, I think just leaving Hong Kong did that - it really was bollox. At this point I'm starting to think, shit, I've only got 6 weeks and 3 days til I have to be in Singapore (have to keep an eye on the time because it'll fucking run out) I'm already a few days "behind" the imaginary, non-existant schedule - also, can't help but be amused by the phrase "have to" because it's six weeks before I have to do anything, which is just such an odd sensation.

I mean, back home, you'd have to do something, every once in a while, meet someone, go somewhere, get something, normally to the point that you're literally always doing something, even if it's just taking the dog fo a walk down to the shops to get meet from the butchers to cook for dinner. I don't have to do much, other than eat enough to stop me from dying! :-)

Actually, that's not totally true, I actually have to be out of Thailand on the 31st of October, but I reckon I'll be in Cambodia by then anyway. I think Halloween on the beach in Cambodia sounds like a grand idea, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment