Friday, September 17, 2010

15th September - Nagoya
So, Nagoya - not our most successful city/day . . .

Arrived in the train-station, and the hotel was upstairs - literally FIFTEEN storeys upstairs. Thank God there was a lift! My bag was giving me some trouble after the Capsule hotel because I packed it up in a super-small space and basically shoved everything in so it was literally all over the place. I repacked it though in Nagoya, changed around the straps and it's working better now!

Anyway, the hotel was really awesome. At least once I caught them looking at me as if to say, "What the fuck are you doing here!" It was a Marriott's, again provided by my mam, and our (suddenly appreciated) timeshare thingy. You get points every year and can use them all around the world, so this month, I'm getting all the benefits! Thanks mam! Without sounding like a spoiled brat, I'll admit it isn't the nicest place I've ever stayed, but it was the nicest place Neena ever stayed. We totally didn't look like we belonged there! Which is always awesome!

There was a pool in the place, but I wasn't allowed to use it because I have tattoos - I look like "yakuza" or "gangster". It's a big thing over here in some places, not in others. Nagoya is much less touristy than Tokyo (which probably seems fairly obvious).

Anyway, we had showers, got changed and stuff. We had the TV on while we were getting changed and I saw Ben 10 for the first time! It's not bad!

We genuinely could not afford to eat in the hotel so we headed out to find one of two places to eat. It was drizzling a bit, but then this happened . . .

In about 5 minutes, we were so wet, I might as well have been in the pool in the my clothes. We dived into the nearest McDonalds and then ran back to the hotel!!! We had to hang our clothes over the bath to dry off. Slightly ironic, given that I spent the five days before going, "Oh my God, stop raining!"

The room card was made of heavy paper, but it got destroyed, and the lady at the desk was pissing herself laughing at me while she changed it!

So, instead of sightseeing, I repacked my bag, while we watched Firewall in Japanese and then more Ben 10 and some of the Batman cartoon!

I read some too and learned that I really love Taylor Momsen's song, You!

Got up the next day, having slept til ten - the latest we've slept so far!

We're in Sinead's place in Odai tonight. We're getting the train to Kyoto tomorrow so should have some time to scribble so more then!

No comments:

Post a Comment