Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Dying of a Year

The year of our Lord two thousand and ten bleeds out its final hours and becomes now, the year two thousand and eleven . . .

Here and now it seems the time has come to say good bye to 2010 and to meditate a moment on all that it brought! Well, you have a record of a huge portion of it here on this blog, so really I'll just talk mostly about some of the other things.

One of the highlights had to be finishing up my masters, and all the really cool people I met while doing it! Some of whom it appears I am still in contact with. One of the lowlights was essays, all but one of which were done in 2010. One was due in December 09, but everything else was '10. It was rough, though great training for long journeys on this little adventure of mine.

Another lowlight was that pesky kidney stone that surfaced around the end of December and killed me until about mid-February. Though, Lisa the needle-bearing blood-sucker (she took about 15 blood samples while I was there) did cheer me up a few times.

I managed to not crash my car or be crashed into in 2010, and the same cannot be said for 2008 or 2009 unfortunately. Though, at least the 2009 one was in no way my fault.

Lost ended and we finally have  avague idea about what the fuck was going on there. Oh, wait, no, not so much. But it ended, and the good guys won, so it's okay. And not everyone died in the plane crash.

I quit my job too! Which was a very good decision because I'm half way round the world having a ball now!

So thanks 2010, you've been a pleasure - 2011, you've got a lot to live up to and you've not gotten off to a great start. Flooding and all that sorta thing, really, it isn't conducive to me liking you. Let's try and do better shall we . . . ?

However, if there are some perks to 2011, it won't be long now and I'll be seeing you all again. Which is so weird I can't even begin to describe it. Looking forward to many drunken nights in the next few weeks/months!

Talk soon,
Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment