Sunday, December 19, 2010

Of Keys And Things . . .

This really isn't a serious blog post so feel absolutely free to skip it. If anything, it probably just illustrates how I'm a complete psychopath and very little else.

I mentioned awhile back I think that I wear my keys on a chain around my neck. Mat, from England, thought that these were some weird religious thing, and that dude who robbed me tried to take them but didn't (well I assume he wanted the silver chain, not the keys). Anyway, a few weeks back some guy asked me what the story with the keys on the chain was, and I didn't know him and knew I'd never see him again - I was on a bus with him, only going a short distance - so I thought back to Mat and decided to lie for no apparent reason.

I told him they were religious symbols. I told him the three smaller keys were symbollic of the keys to Heaven, Hell and Earth and the large one was supposed to be the key to home. He thought this was very cool, but then, slowly, the whole thing started working in my mind and now I think that's a really cool idea too. I'm sure he also thought I was crazy, which I am, but for making that up, rather than believing it!

While we're on the subject, I said I'd tell you about something else in my last post. See these little things tied around my wrist? I've been wearing these since tubing in Vang Vienn. One of them is from Bucket Bat and the other is from Q-Bar. They entitle you to a free bucket in each of those bars. Anyway, anyone who goes tubing gets one of these and very so often ya meet people who are wearing them and thus, conversation is born. Conversation that generally starts, "Woohoo! TUBING!" but conversation none the less. I met one such fella while rafting the other day, he still had his on too. It's actually a great conversation starter and gets you on to other things too, like where you've been and where you're going. But it's funny just how many people recognise that little thing! Also, it has been remarked by several people that they are also the Irish colours (sans the white) and I've been asked if that's why I wear them. Answer, no, it isn't. Though I do have this . . .

I got it in Chiang Mai at the fight night way back when. This I do wear because I'm Irish. Also because the other thing I was wearing on my wrist fella apart on me after about two weeks and I needed something else.

So there you go, that's all the crap I wear and the interesting conversations it gets me into.

That's it folks, talk to ya soon,
Shane.

1 comment: